Monday, September 24, 2007

Believe

Imagine this. It's the year 2552 and the Earth is under assault by an alien race. It's a war on the human species, and we're definitely out-manned, out gunned, and on the verge of defeat. Except there's one man who manages to rally the troops and single handedly throw the war in our favor. Master Chief.

OK, so this isn't really going to happen and is based totally out of a video game. Perhaps the most hyped video game ever. So hyped that the makers, Bungie, have gone to the trouble of making quite the ad campaign out of it. They call it the "Believe" campaign, and through it have tried to make the Halo story more real by interposing live actors to talk about the war in a fictitiously created museum that honors "the Chief". I quite like the videos, but my wife thinks I'm a nerd for even being interested in them.

The first is a fly through of the center piece in this museum. It depicts the battle where the war was supposedly decided. I particularly like the piano music background and the dramatic details on the minatures' faces.





This second one is an account given by one of the soldiers who was in that battle talking about how they were able to stay in the fight and the hope that Master Chief brought them.





This third one made my wife laugh that someone would go to all the trouble of actually constructing this monument about a fake war that happens in a video game. And that they'd make a documentary about it like it really happened.





This one is an account given by another soldier that was there. He talks about some of the weapons and is asked a few questions about one the alien guns, the "Spiker", which is a new addition to Halo 3




This is the latest one of the commercials and is a soldier talking about hiding in the forest while the aliens were running around looking for humans. And all he could do was sit and wait for Master Chief.



So, yes, I am a nerd and I am excited for this game to come out tomorrow even though I know I won't be getting it for a while.

2 comments:

Tiny Shrink said...

I'm going to have to agree with your wife on this one (although I'm sure my husband would drool)

Tiny Shrink said...

G, apparently you have a fan! http://trumed.blogspot.com/