Thursday, December 6, 2007

Questions: The Interview Process Part 2

If you know anything about me, you know I'm in the middle of interviewing all over the place for residency.

I'm not even half way done, but I don't think I can stand to hear one more person ask me, "Do you have any questions?" Because if I say no, then I look disinterested. And if I say yes and repeat the same question I just asked three other people at whatever place I am that day and then I look like a zombie totally zoned out as I hear the same answer repeated almost verbatim back to me.

Maybe I need to cancel some of these prelim/transitionals when most of the schools I applied to provide their own.

2 comments:

Tiny Shrink said...

There is nothing more painful than sitting there, staring at the ceiling, trying desperately to think of a question to ask, while the interviewer looks on in awe--"I thought this girl was smart!" (or at least, that's how I feel they're looking at me).

If in doubt, ask the interviewer about their research.

Anonymous said...

"How are you involved with the residents?" is my fall-back question.